Motorcycle Training Course
We have motorcycle training courses and expert advice to give you confidence on the open road
Whether you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before or want to improve your skills on your bike, LTC has the class for you.
Classes available on weekends, Spring through Fall.
FACILITIES LTC has the most innovative driving skills course for safe rider training. The course contains layouts for multiple motorcycle rider courses with wide roadways, turns, and limited fixed obstacles creating a safe buffer distance. Additionally, the majority of the classroom components are hosted in the Public Safety Training Center which offers a comfortable environment to gain those key concepts for safety before embarking on the driving skills course.
INSTRUCTORS LTC’s Rider Coaches are the best around! They are credentialed through both the Wisconsin Motorcycle Safety Program, and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Not only are they experienced riders and role models for safe riding practices, but they have completed rigorous training and continued education allowing them to continue teaching and evaluating learner performance.
Choose the course that interests you to see a schedule of classes:
Basic Rider Courses
Motorcycle provided by LTC
The best place for a new rider to start once they’ve made the decision to ride! This course includes a three-hour interactive online Basic eCourse, approximately five hours of classroom activities and at least 10 hours of motorcycle riding exercises. Successful completion of this course and a skill test provides an opportunity to obtain a waiver of your road test at the DMV when you apply for your motorcycle license. Motorcycles are provided for your use during the course. Also, a course completion card may provide a rider an insurance discount.
Spring Fee: $259.95
|24336||Saturday||4/29/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||4/30/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p. m.|
|26116||Saturday||5/6/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/7/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|26117||Saturday||5/13/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/14/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|26118||Saturday||5/20/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||5/21/23||7:30 a.am - 5:00 p.m.|
Summer/Fall Fee: $260.35
|40635||Saturday||6/3/23||7:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/4/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40636||Saturday||6/10/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/11/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40637||Saturday||6/24/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||6/25/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40638||Saturday||7/8/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||7/9/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40273||Monday||7/10/23||3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7/11/23||3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7/12/23||3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||7/13/23||3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40639||Saturday||7/15/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||7/16/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|40275||Saturday||8/5/23||7:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8/6/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64149||Saturday||8/19/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||8/20/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64150||Saturday||9/9/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||9/10/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|64151||Saturday||9/16/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||9/17/23||7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Register using ONE of the following options (see schedule below for class dates and numbers):
- Call 920.693.1366 or 1.888.468.6582, extension 1366 to register by phone. Be prepared with all the information requested in the registration form and a MasterCard/Visa/debit card.
- Register in person at:
Lakeshore Technical College
1290 North Avenue
Cleveland, WI 53015
LTC reserves the right to cancel classes in the event of insufficient enrollments. If a class cancel, you will be notified prior to the starting date. For refund procedures, call 920.693.1888.
What you will need for all courses:
- Sturdy over-the-ankle boots that completely cover your ankles
- Full length non-flare denim pants (without holes or tears) or equivalent, or more durable material
- Long sleeved jacket or heavy shirt made from denim or other heavy material
- Rain gear in case of inclement weather
- Eye protection – a helmet face shield, goggles or glasses are acceptable
- Full fingered gloves, preferably leather, that cover the entire hand
- Three quarter or full face helmet. Must be DOT approved. Half helmets are not approved
- You must know how to balance and ride a bicycle.
- You must be present for all sessions of the course.
- You must complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Basic eCourse no more than thirty days prior to the scheduled class start date (additional fee applicable). This eCourse can be accessed at: https://www.msf-usa.org/eCourse.aspx. Students should then bring a printed copy of the completion certificate to their first class session.
- Basic Rider Courses are designed for any Wisconsin resident 15 ½ years of age or older, you must bring a valid form of photo identification to the first class
- Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian prior to participating in the range portion of the class
- Upon class completion, you will still need to be 16 years of age to apply for a motorcycle instruction permit, or class M license in Wisconsin
If any of the following situations exist a skills test waiver must be obtained at the time of registration:
- You are under the age of 18
- You have failed the DMV skill test two times
- You have been issued three six-month permits in the last five years
If you are required to complete a Basic Rider Course before obtaining a motorcycle instructional permit you may obtain proof of course enrollment (Trans 129.05(2)), contact Faye Aschenbach at 1.888.468.6582, extension 1613, or 920.693.1613.
Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) is an approved training site by the Wisconsin Motorcycle Safety Program and delivers courses through the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.