It's Cool to Pool and Easy as 1-2-3!
LTC Student Carpool Registration Procedure
- Find a carpool partner and/or create a carpool group.
- Once in a group of two or more adults, complete the Student Carpool Registration Form (download here, print and submit to Student Services) to receive your carpool parking tag (yes, you still need the regular student campus parking permit).
- Start carpooling! On days you carpool, hang your carpool parking tag in your rear-view mirror and take advantage of the designated carpool parking spaces.
Not sure who to carpool with? Submit your information and find others looking to form carpool groups.
Email the following information to It's Cool to Pool Carpool Program:
- Your name
- Your preferred contact info
- Your city
- The days of the week you want to carpool
- Your carpool status (rider, driver or both)
Your information will be added to a spreadsheet which will be available for student/staff viewing; you will receive a confirmation email when this is complete.you can view the It's Cool to Pool carpool info spreadsheet in the Carpool Info folder located on the "M" drive. It is your responsibility to contact potential carpoolers to learn more about their availability related to forming a carpool group that fits your needs.
- An LTC carpool is defined as two or more members that commute together, excluding weekends. In order to participate in a carpool, members must be currently enrolled students or be employed by LTC.
- Any LTC student interested in participating in the It's Cool to Pool carpool program must read and sign the LTC Liability Waiver on the Student Carpool Registration Form (click here to download and print) and submit the completed form to Student Services.
- Designated carpool spaces may only be used on days when two or more riders are sharing a vehicle (carpooling).
- Carpool parking tags are non-transferable and issued only to carpool drivers. Changes in carpool membership should be reported to the It's Cool to Pool program staff (Student Success Office, L271, next to the Bookstore).
- To park in designated carpool parking spaces, hang the carpool parking tag from the rear-view mirror. Carpool parking tags are not valid off campus, in ADA spaces, reserved spaces, or any visitor space.
- Carpool groups using designated carpool parking spaces must have carpooled that day and clearly display their valid carpool parking tag. Unauthorized use of these spaces will result in a parking infraction notice (see Enforcement).
LTC Campus Police are responsible for enforcement of all parking regulations on campus.
- Anyone who alters or fraudulently uses a carpool parking tag or makes fraudulent use of the designated carpool parking space is subject to a parking warning notice and may lose his/her carpool parking privileges.
- Warnings and parking notices are issued to the vehicle in question.
- Any vehicle parked in a designated carpool parking space without a valid carpool parking tag may receive a parking warning notice.
- Any suspected misuse of these initiatives can be reported to the It's Cool to Pool program staff in the Student Success Office (L271, next to the Bookstore). All reports of misuse will be investigated thoroughly.
TERMINATION OR MODIFICATION OF A CARPOOL GROUP
Notify It's Cool to Pool program staff in the Student Success Office (L271, next to the Bookstore) when a carpool group is modified (change in carpool parking tag holder) or is no longer participating in the carpool program.
- Carpool members may leave the group at any time and cancel his/her registration.
- Carpool drivers cancelling registration from the carpool must return their carpool parking tag to Student Services.
- Carpool members terminating participation in a carpool group are responsible for notifying other members of the group.