Resources for International Students

Take these steps to become a student at Lakeshore Technical College.

  Powered by Translate

International Students Admissions Steps

  • Complete and submit theLTC application and pay the $30 application fee (U.S. dollars). (printable application form)
  • Submit a high school transcript and transcripts of post high school work (English translations must be included).
  • Submit proof of English language proficiency for writing, reading, speaking and listening skills by providing a copy of official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or by completing this exam at an official test center in the United States or home country. Minimum acceptable score is 550 on paper-based TOEFL, or 213 on computer-based TOEFL. TOEFL is not required for applicants whose native language is English.
  • Complete the Accuplacer exam to determine eligibility for program admission.
  • Provide to LTC written proof of adequate financial resources for period of study to pay for tuition, room and board, transportation and any other financial responsibilities that the student may encounter. International tuition rates are $173 per credit.
  • Request I-20 from LTC.
  • Complete USCIS form and pay $200 SEVIS fee.
  • Submit all other enrollment requirements and forms as required by program to LTC Student Services. Please see the admissions checklist for your program
  • Direct all correspondence to Jenny Beltran.

Thank you for your interest in Lakeshore Technical College. For more information, please contact Jenny Beltran at 920.693.1127.

Understanding Your I-20
The I-20 is a multi-purpose document issued by a government approved, U.S. educational institution certifying that you have been admitted to a full-time associate degree program and that you have demonstrated sufficient financial resources to stay in the U.S. The I-20 is officially titled the "Certificate of Eligibility" because with it, you are "eligible" to apply for an F-1 and M-1 student visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Your spouse or children will also each need their own I-20 to obtain F-2 dependent status, if desired.

Getting the I-20 from a U.S. school is not enough to become a legal F-1 and M-1 student; you must also be allowed entry to the U.S. as an F-1 and M-1, or be approved for a change of status from another type of nonimmigrant visa.

After a school completes their admissions process, the admitted students' names and other biographic information are entered into a U.S. government database called SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). The SEVIS database processes the information and produces a "PDF" file of the I-20 that is sent back to the school via the internet. The school official (called the Designated School Official or DSO) prints and signs the I-20 and then delivers it to the student.If a student needs to update or change information on the I-20, the DSO makes these requests through SEVIS to produce a new document.

WTCS New North