Lakeshore Technical College Open Education
Selling Principles- Week 1
Learning Plan 1
Overview of Personal Selling
In this learning plan you will learn about the importance of selling in business.
Analyze personal selling activities and sales management activities
- Define and explain the terms marketing and marketing concept.
- Answer the question, Why is marketing important to an organization?
- Illustrate how the firm's product, price, distribution, and promotion efforts are coordinated for maximum sales success.
- Explain why an organization should listen to its customers.
- Discuss the role of personal selling in the firm's marketing relationship efforts.
- Understand a salesperson's roles when practicing consultative selling.
- Read Chapter 1 - Overview of Personal Selling.
- View Video on the Importance of Selling in Business.
- View Article on the traits of highly successful salespeople.
- Read Chapter 2 - Building Trust and Sales Ethics.
- View Video on Developing Trust with Clients.
- Complete the Following Assignments for this Learning Plan.
- Describe the characteristics of an ethical salesperson. One half page or less.
- Describe the characteristics of an unethical salesperson. One half page or less.
- Briefly describe why you might or might not consider sales as a career. One half page or less.
- Complete Chapter 1 Case. One page or less.
- Research www.youtube.com and find a video relating to the content of this learning plan. Send the video to all of your classmates. View three videos that were sent to you. Summarize one of the videos that you felt was most interesting or informative. Half page or less.
- Research the internet and find an article relating to the content of this learning plan. Summarize the article. One page or less.