Lakeshore Technical College Open Education
Selling Principles- Week 3
Learning Plan 3
Prospecting and Sales Dialogues
In this learning plan you will learn various strategies to prospect for new customers and methods to prepare a sales dialogue for a presentation to a potential customer.
- Critique Buyers
- Develop Sales Communication
- Discuss why prospecting is an important and challenging task in sales.
- Describe the major prospect methods and give examples of each.
- Explain the important components of a strategic prospecting plan.
- Explain why it is essential to focus on the customer when planning sales calls.
- Explain how to write a customer value proposition statement.
- Engage the customer by setting appointments.
- Read Chapter 5 - Strategic Prospecting and Preparing Sales Dialogue.
- Read Chapter 6 - Planning Sales Dialogues and Presentations.
- Complete the Following Assignments for this Learning Plan.
- Complete Chapter 5 Case Study - How To Prospect for New Customers.
- Research www.youtube.com and find a video relating to the content of this learning plan. Send the video to all of your classmates. View three videos that were sent to you. Summarize one of the videos that you felt was most interesting or informative. Half page or less.
- Research the internet and find an article relating to the content of this learning plan. Summarize the article. One page or less.
- Word process the description of three concepts that you have learned from chapters 1 - 6. Describe the concept and give an example of each. One page or less.