You can do it.
And the TRiO/Student Support Services Program at LTC can help.
Get the support you need to succeed.
The right tools and support can make all of the difference in meeting your goal and achieving your dream of a college education.
LTC understands that first-generation (those whose parents have not attended college), low-income, and disabled students may have additional needs or challenges while pursuing their college degree.
That's why we're pleased to be part of TRiO/Student Support Services - a federally-funded program to provide academic support services for students who may need assistance.
Key services include:
- Personal Education Plan
- Tutoring Services
- Supplemental Instruction
- Academic and Career Advising
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Transfer Advising Services
- Financial Literacy
- Leadership Development Opportunities
Who is eligible to participate in the LTC TRiO/Student Support Services Program?
To qualify, a student must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor's degree)
- Low income (determined by federal guidelines)
- Have certified disability status with LTC's Learning Support Service
- How to Apply for TRio/Student Support Services
- Common Questions about TRiO/Student Support Services
- About TRiO/Student Support Services